Wednesday, December 20, 2017

i am a master


Hi all (three of you that look at this blog sometimes)!

I just wanted to share with you that I am officially out of grad school. I graduated this past Sunday from American University's School of International Service with a Master of Arts in International Relations with a concentration on Global Governance, Politics, and Security (that was a mouthful). 

Anyway, that entire day was amazing. I got to share a huge milestone in my career with my amazingly supportive family and my wonderful boyfriend who wouldn't stop saying how proud he is of me. After the ceremony we picked up my lovely grandmother and she finally had a chance to meet Aziz which was the funniest and cutest thing ever (she wouldn't stop holding his hand). We spent all afternoon eating delicious food and watching ridiculously hilarious SNL skits - basically my ideal Sunday afternoon.

I just wanted to end this sappy post by thanking some very important people. It's so hard for people who want to achieve a higher education these days simply because of the outlandish cost. However, thanks to my parents who worked so incredibly hard, not only was I able to finish my undergraduate education debt free, but my grad school as well. I have a Master's and zero student debt. That is insane. I do not take it for granted and I am forever incredibly grateful. 

It is now time to put this degree to good use, make the world a better place (hopefully), and someday pay them back.

2018 is going to be a good year.

- D 

No comments:

Post a Comment