Wednesday, September 26, 2018

beach camping | dewey, de


Once again, I took a long hiatus from posting. It's not that I don't have anything to share, it's more about not making my blog a priority. I will have to make a point of posting on a bi-monthly basis starting next year (I think it will be part of my New Year's resolutions). However, since all habits take time to develop, I will start right now and play catch up on some highlights of this past year.

It seems that going away for a beach camping trip has become part of Aziz's birthday celebration ritual. Now that our camper van is almost fully decked out with solar panels which give us solid off-the-grid power, a queen sized bed in the back, Xbox and TV for entertainment and a functioning portable AC system, there's truly no where we can't go. We will be ready for our cross-country trip soon (stay tuned...).

Anyway, this year we celebrated by going to Dewey Beach in Delaware. We spent our days lounging on the beach, hanging out at the nearby resto bar, watching movies and biking. 
*Pro-tip: when your only vehicle is a giant van that is not very easily maneuverable, take bikes and zoom around anywhere (with the added bonus of solid cardio).

The trip went by way too fast for our liking so next year we will definitely have to make it at least a week-long affair. Despite the very strange sunburns I ended up with on my legs, the mosquito bites, and the occasional annoying rain showers, it was an incredibly fun and relaxing trip. 

I hope everyone enjoys their evenings
- D

No comments:

Post a Comment