Tuesday, October 17, 2017

pillage | winchester, va


Wow, so it's been a hot minute since I last posted on here. I feel like every time I promise to commit more time to this space, I disappear for an even longer stretch. 

No excuses this time, I just didn't make this blog a priority. A lot has changed since we last met, but I won't bore you with the gory details. Long story short, my boyfriend and I recently invested in a little camper van and we took it out on its first trip a few weekends ago. We went to the Cove Campground in Winchester, Virginia on an annual camping trip Aziz has been taking since he was very little with all of his childhood friends. The older generations there have been doing this trip since the 1970s, and I think it's amazing that they've kept the tradition alive this long and sharing their love for it with their kids. At its peak, there were 70 people present in our camp ground (dogs not included).

My favorite part of the trip was Happy Hour which took place on Saturday night. People at all the different little sites on the ground bought or made food and drinks, and brought it all to the communal table to share with the rest of the group. It was an amazing bonding opportunity for everyone to partake in. Although I initially felt like an outsider as all the people present had known each other for decades, everyone was incredibly warm and welcoming. The weather was hot and sunny (safe for a few scattered showers). We spent our time hiking, chatting, sleeping, playing guitar, eating, drinking, and being merry. It was wonderful and I cannot wait for the next trip.

- D

No comments:

Post a Comment