Friday, June 12, 2015

strawberry scented cupcakes + strawberry cream cheese frosting

Hi everyone! I'm so sorry I disappeared last month (I even posted my monthly music just a few hours into June). I honestly haven't been doing anything all that interesting recently, except for Mysteryland and I intend to make that post as soon as my disposable camera photos are developed. Anyway, I realized I haven't posted a recipe here in forever and I actually did some pretty good baking today (if I do say so myself). I thought I would share some photos and the recipe with you all. It's a perfect summer treat and very very delicious. Happy baking everyone!



Ingredients (cupcakes) - 

  • 1 cup (approx.) fresh strawberries
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients (frosting) - 
  • 8 ounces cream cheese
  • 1 cup fresh strawberries
  • 6 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
Directions - 
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  • In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
  • Blend all strawberries (2 cups approx.) in food processor until pureed.
  • Measure out 1/3 cup of the strawberry puree in a measuring cup, and set the rest aside.
  • In a large bowl, beat the butter until lightly fluffy.
  • Gradually add granulated sugar to butter and continue to mix it until well blended.
  • Add the eggs one by one and the vanilla to the sugar and butter mixture.
  • Mix together 1/3 cup of strawberry puree with milk.
  • Alternating add the flour and milk mixtures to the butter mixture, ending with the flour.
  • Add the batter to prepared cupcake tin.
  • Bake for 20-22 minutes.
  • For the frosting, beat together the cream cheese, 1 cup of the remaining strawberry puree, and 4-6 tablespoons of confectioner's sugar (add more as needed to change flavor/consistency).
  • Take cupcakes out and make sure they cool!
  • Once cool, dip the tops of the cakes in the icing carefully to coat evenly.
  • Garnish (if desired) with fresh strawberries.
  • Enjoy!
- D

No comments:

Post a Comment