Saturday, August 24, 2019

rosie's farewell


So as always, it's been way too long since I last posted. That doesn't mean that I haven't had great adventures over the last 8 months, I just don't take the time I should to post and write. More posts from 2019 to come soon.

These photos are from yesterday (Friday, August 23rd) where we celebrated our beloved choir director and vocal coach, Rosie. After decades of service, she is finally retiring and moving to California to live with her daughter. While this farewell is very bittersweet, the timing is right.

Rosie is the one person who was able to get me over my stage fright and take on lyrical soprano solos I only would have dreamed about doing otherwise. She has believed in me to the point of actually gifting me her repertoire of music from her soloist days. She is constantly encouraging me and preparing me for auditions and maybe, just because of her, I will actually pursue that goal. I have no words that will ever really be able to thank her for everything she has done for me (and my family).

Hopefully this fun little get together with the whole congregation is a start. Tomorrow will be another.

- D

No comments:

Post a Comment